Sunday, 29 December 2013

Not doing much of anything

Its 11:00 am and Craig and I are just sitting at the table on the patio typing away on our laptops.  He however, is more than likely doing something of much more importance and consequence. Its been a lovely morning so far.  I got out of bed at 7:00, made my way to the beach for a slow 5 mile run.  I made my way to the east end of the beach and was able to jump over the creek because it was low tide and get to the rodeo grounds area.  It sure sounded like they were having a good party there last night.  We could hear the music in the distance last night and watched the fireworks from our pool area.  I have to convince everyone to go to the rodeo with me today.  Anyway, I ran back into town on the road then down main street to the beach and then found my way home.  It was quite hot this morning and by the time I was done, I was a sweaty mess.

Late yesterday afternoon, Ann and I went for a walk up Calle Santa Domingo beyond our house.  We walked for a couple miles down this rural, narrow gravel road and looked at vacant lots that we could develop if we ever win the lottery.  On this walk I learned that sometimes monkeys do fall out of trees and get killed.  I saw one dead on the road and then on the way back watched a vulture eating it.  I thought that was an awesome thing to see and ignored my wife's scolding as I took photos of this "circle of life" moment.  I wonder if this particular monkey was just the klutz of his troop and Darwinian theory rewarded his uncoordinated nature with this fall to the road below or was he perhaps a bold teenager, showing off to his friends and Mother Nature rewarded his bold naivety by using gravity to pull him from the gene pool.  
Sweaty mess

Random photo of some honey at the store

All kinds of potential if I wasn't such a chicken

Monkeys do fall out of trees


And if you still have an appetite after the last photo, lets make supper



On the bottom of the pool, this morning


I'm not going to touch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment