Last night for a treat, and to make sure that we actually get one chance to wear the dressier clothes that we packed with us, we went to a quaint little French restaurant at the Samara Pacific Lodge. This is a hidden gem of a place beyond the village of Samara, down a gravel road and then onto a pot hole filled dirt road with more horse traffic than vehicle traffic. I laughed when my Garmin GPS let me know that I was getting onto an unpaved road. Having a GPS while driving in Costa Rica, especially in the dark, is a real asset. However, the GPS does not tell you when there are pedestrians and horses on the road at night and so you really have to be careful.
This was one of the fancier restaurants in this area. It has an actual French owner and cook, good service and comfortable surroundings. I really felt like I was in Paris when a beautiful black lab dog came and sat on the floor next to me. Later, he crawled under the table and snuggled up against my feet. A Parisian experience for sure. The food was a little more expensive than other places we have been to in Samara, but it was definitely worth the reservation. I can't believe I forgot to take a photo of the charming Perro Negro!
 |
| Escorting these lovely ladies to dinner is such a privelege |
 |
| Mahi Mahi with an avocado sauce. My hat is off to the chef! |
No comments:
Post a Comment